The following information outlines what you can expect from SA Pathology in accordance with the National Privacy Principles and the Australian Association of Pathology Practices:
- We need your consent to collect information about you
- We need information from you to be able to provide you with reliable results and your doctors with helpful advice
- We will be fair in the way we collect information
- Most information is collected at the time that a pathology request is written out by your doctor. Your doctor will generally explain why he or she is recording the information and where it is going to.
- Where you visit a pathology collection centre and more information is sought you will be asked if it is okay to collect that information
- Pathology practices have their record systems inspected for laboratory accreditation and they must be reliable and secure
- The best way to get your results is in consultation with your doctor so they can be explained in the context of your health care
- You may, however, request access to information we hold about you
- You may discuss any concerns you may have about how we handle your information. You should speak to your pathology practice first.
Site privacy and security statement
This statement sets out this Site's policies relating to the privacy and security of your personal information and security of your other information. This privacy and security statement applies only to this Site.
This Site collects and uses the following information from users:
- A record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes - the user's IP address, the date and time of the visit to the Site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous website visited and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider's logs. This information is analysed at the end of each month to determine the Site's usage statistics.
- The Site retains the e-mail address of people who send e-mails through the 'Contact Us' facility, for the purpose of sending a response. They will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
- If you seek to submit websites for registration on this Site, you are asked to supply information about your organisation, its location and web site details and your contact details.
- Such information may or may not be "personal information" for the purpose of the IPP's. Nonetheless, you consent to the use of this information to establish ownership of the material and to enable Site's administrators to contact website administrators/content owners, to confirm (or not) the website registration and advise them of the link being published on this Site. The information is then kept for contact purposes in the course of monitoring site currency. The information is stored in a secure area of the Site's system.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in accordance with the IPP's.
- Site administrators are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the IPP's.
- This Site and SA Pathology are responsible for the privacy and security of information while it is collected, stored on or passing through this Site. The Government of South Australia agencies and instrumentalities are responsible for the privacy and security of information collected by, stored on or passing through their own websites.
- You should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should utilise this Site. There are alternative ways to obtaining information from, and transacting business with, SA Pathology for those users who do not wish to use the Internet.
- Please note that this Site contains links to a number of other websites that are included on the basis of containing content related to SA Pathology. When a user has clicked on a link to another website, they leave this Site and this privacy and security statement does not apply to those websites.
- The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this Site on a regular basis that you carefully read the information provided.